Main Jail - Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I bond someone out of jail?
You may pay a bond at the Brown County Jail for Brown County bonds, local municipal bonds (except Green Bay municipal bonds, which can be paid at the Green Bay Police Department), and bonds issued by other counties.

Form of bond payment must be either cash, credit card, or a cashiers check issued from a bank. (If a credit card is used, you will be informed about a non-refundable surcharge prior to use.)

What kind of property can I bring to an inmate?
Visitors may bring the following articles to be delivered to an inmate:

Note: all clothing articles must be white in color

  • 3 pairs of underwear
  • T-shirts
  • Socks
  • Pullover sports bras (may not have any metal parts)
  • Socks
  • Thermal T-Shirts and Pants
  • Money

What are the visiting hours?
See The Main Jail Visiting Page

How do I get to the jail?
See the map

What is mailing address to the jail?
See the US Mail Page

Can I send an inmate magazines and books?
(Link to US Mail)

Can I talk to an inmate on the phone?
Inmates have access to phones and can make out-going phone calls throughout the day.

Note: The Brown County Jail contracts with Inmate Calling Solutions (ICS) for inmate phone calls. Here are a couple of phone numbers to assist you with prepaid services and billing.

PrePaid Services:  (888)506-8407 This is to establish a line of credit for the inmate
                                 to make calls direct to the individual paying the fee.
Phone Billing:        (800)736-7500 Questions on billing

Can I leave a message for an inmate?
The Brown County Jail cannot accept messages for inmates unless it is a verifiable emergency.


Back to Top

300 E. Walnut Street, Green Bay, WI 54301 Tel: 920-448-4219
Email your comment, questions, and suggestions to the Webmaster
Site by Bennett Giesler - Website 2006 Brown County.